Monday, April 8, 2013

Judgment...



Nothing in life is about anyone else.  Seriously.  They are just mirrors of our own interpretations of the world.  And although I have known this for quite some time intellectually, it is always useful for me to feel it or be reminded of it through the circumstances of my life.

But I protest with every fibre of my being: "If my husband or kids are irritating me, its not about them.  Really?  I am sure that it is.  I am much more right than they are...I have the moral high ground.  They are wrong and I am right.  I am almost sure.  Its their fault things are bad, wrong, challenging. Surely?!"

Nope! Its just the ego fighting to gain the driver's seat of my life so it can run me like a pro, controlling my life with fear. "Who do you think you are?  You are not good enough! You are wrong!  You will lose those you love if you make them cross or if you are wrong! Danger! Caution!"

So calm yourself down.  Ask if this is just fear :
False
Evidence
Appearing
Real
...and ask yourself, as Byron Katie would:

1. Is this true?
2. Is this really true?
3. How does it make you feel when you have the thought......(They are wrong and I am right!)
    Hint: Its never good.
4. Who would you be without the thought....(They are wrong and I am right!)
    Hint: Its usually good.

So question your judgments.  It will make you feel good!  And that's really the point.


No comments:

Post a Comment