Monday, January 21, 2013

Byron Katie - The Work


"Stress is a signal that you’re asleep. Question your thinking and wake yourself up." Byron Katie




When I remember to realise (otherwise known as awareness), I sometimes choose to help myself feel better by following The Four Questions which are part of Byron Katie"s The Work.

"The Work of Byron Katie is a way of identifying and questioning the thoughts that cause all the anger, fear, depression, addiction, and violence in the world. Experience the happiness of undoing those thoughts through The Work, and allow your mind to return to its true, awakened, peaceful, creative nature." (from Byron Katie's official website http://www.thework.com/index.php)

If something is bothering you and you wish to do The Work, follow this link: http://thework.com/thework.php and you may experience a deep sense of peace and expansive open-heartedness like millions of others.

Or if you need some convincing, watch her in action on one of many YouTube videos:



Or read her blog, which helps me to feel known, understood, loved and supported...Byron Katie's blog link

I just need to remember earlier next time, before I linger in suffering.  That is why regular activities that help me to remember are so necessary to my well-being, like journalling, blogging, meditation, prayer, yoga, opening up to a friend... What do you do to remind yourself to help yourself to feel better?


No comments:

Post a Comment