Saturday, January 12, 2013

Thandie Newton: Embracing otherness, embracing myself

I think everyone on earth should watch this....to gain more compassion and kindness towards ourselves and others.



I love that Ellen deGenerous always ends her talk show with "Be kind to one another!"  I think sometimes she could include "Be kind to yourself!"  

I remember reading a book once where a mother took care of her autistic child who grew up not speaking.  The mother battled and battled and eventually adapted the use of a stenography machine so her child could communicate with her and one of the first things s/he said was that there was not enough kindness in the world.  It was so profound.  Can't remember the name of the book but thank you for that!  I have never forgotten that moment in my life when I read that.  Maybe this video will be one of those moments for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment