Saturday, January 12, 2013

Total movie joy!

The Perks of being a wallflower...


.....achingly beautiful ....

...thoroughly absorbing....

...just a joy!

Feel your heart open, if watching movies is your joy too, of course!


I had an inner battle to give myself permission to go ahead and watch it after lifting my 14-year-old son and his friends to watch their own movie.  I didn't want to go home and my husband didn't feel like a movie so I felt sorry for myself and thought I would substitute it by visiting the book store where I found myself tidying the journals and diaries bookshelves whilst looking for the perfect turquoise journal.  It was a mess as you would expect this time of the year!  I tidy shelves when I feel out of control and to soothe and calm myself.  Its an avoidance tactic to deal with my real life, my real emotions, real responsibilities.  And my responsibility is to myself and how I feel this year....and what I really wanted was to watch a movie.  I felt like I couldn't on my own (although I have done this before), I couldn't leave my family for no reason except to indulge myself, I might embarrass the teens with my presence, we had a guest at home, this wasn't planned, and the list goes on and on....all the reasons why I shouldn't follow my joy, fill my tank, make myself feel good!!!!  And I came away feeling radiant with the joys of life! So I can do it and I will continue to do it this year!  Maybe you can too?!

No comments:

Post a Comment