Saturday, January 12, 2013

Reading...such a source of happiness....

My 7-year-old and I visited the library again this holiday for the first time since he was little.  He loves reading too. It was lovely to be back amongst those volumes of  stories, shelf upon shelf and book against book.  The sense of potential enjoyment, other-worldliness, escapism and pure saturated joy waiting for me to accept the invitation of their presence sends a little lightening bolt down my body and ends in a girlie clap of hands, jumping on the spot and a subdued scream at the back of my throat! You know, "Eeeeeeee!" SO exciting!  




So The Red Garden by Alice Hoffman was recommended to me.  Reading it was like eating the most delicious rocky road ice-cream that lasted and lasted for the 2 days it took me to read! (Its holidays after all!)  It was achingly beautiful (I know I overuse this phrase but it labels a certain emotion for me), vivid, emotional, real...just delicious!

As soon as I could, I scrambled back to the library for the next Alice Hoffman installment.  I chose Here on Earth because its also an Oprah Bookclub selection and I am a big fan of Oprah!




Again, a thrilling ride....insightful, human, real.   And now I look forward to my next one entitled The Third Angel.  I can't wait!



This is a commitment to allowing what FEELS GOOD into my life.  I give myself permission to enjoy myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment